Head Grower (m/f)
Dümmen Orange is an internationally leading breeding company focused on cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our company site based in Latina/Italy (approx. 70 km south of Rome), we are looking for a Head Grower (m/f).
Our organization grows and flourishes via organic growth and by acquiring other companies. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment. As Head Grower (m/f) you will assume grower’s responsibility for the full range of propagation activities with direct reporting line to the General Manager.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Full-range crop management of 3 hectares propagation surface
• Communication interface with other international company sites incl. reporting activities
• Prospective professional development into Location Management function is an option.
• Educational degree in horticulture, preferably with focus on ornamental plants production
• Several years of professional job experience with crop management of diverse ornamental plant species, ideally job experience in young plants production
• Advanced knowledge in fertigation, plant protection and propagation would be an asset
• Good command of English language, both written and oral
• Sound user skills in MS Office
• Enthusiasm for horticulture business, proactive and goal-oriented approach with high level of commitment, leadership capability and good organizational skills.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers plenty of room for personal growth and development to its employees. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is a worldwide leader in breeding and development of flowers and plants. Our annual turnover is around 360 million euro. We have more than 7.700 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to our Dümmen Orange success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. We take pride in our corporate social responsibility efforts investing in the health, safety, and personal development of our staff as well as in innovative and sustainable techniques.
We would like to receive your application documents – including motivation letter and resume – via E-mail to HR@dummenorange.com.